Enrollment for our Spring 2020 program has CLOSED.
If you missed this deadline but are still eager to try rowing, please check back in late March for information on our summer learn-to-row camps!
Philadelphia City Rowing offers a FREE Middle School Program that introduces students in 7th and 8th grade to the sport of rowing. Students must attend a Philadelphia Public or Charters school to participate in the program.
Practices are at located at Lloyd Hall, #1 Boathouse Row, on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30-6:30pm and on Saturdays from 12-2pm. Students will learn about rowing through both on the water and land workouts. In addition, PCR provides a general introduction to fitness, nutrition education, and environmental education.
All students will need to demonstrate they can swim two lengths and tread water for two minutes. Swimming lessons are offered to all students in order to help them pass their swim test. The swim test and lessons will take place at the Temple University pool from 2-4pm on Saturday afternoons.
Spring 2020 Enrollment Information & Important Dates
Session 1: For RETURNING PCR athletes ONLY
- Dates: March 16th to April 25th
- First Swim Test Opportunity: Saturday, March 14th
- Mondays - 4:30 to 6:30 PM (Rowing)
- Wednesdays - 4:30 to 6:30 PM (Land Day)
- Saturdays - 12 to 2 PM (Rowing)
- Please note, we will not hold practice April 6th through 11th because of the spring break school recess
Session 2: For NEW PCR athletes ONLY
- Dates: May 4th to June 6th
- First Swim Test Opportunity: Saturday, May 2nd
- Mondays - 4:30 to 6:30 PM
- Wednesdays - 4:30 to 6:30 PM
- Saturdays - 12 to 2 PM
- Please note, we will not hold practice May 23rd or 25th due to Memorial Day weekend
Questions about the Middle School Program? Contact George at email@example.com
2019 Program Calendar
The 2019 fall program will begin on Monday, September 16th and will run through Saturday, November 2nd. Enrollment for the program is currently CLOSED.