On Friday, April 1st PCR will kick off our 4th annual #PCR10kChallenge, a 10-day social media fundraising campaign that is designed to raise awareness and funds to support our free programs for Philadelphia youth. Philadelphia City Rowing (PCR) is a free sports-based youth development program that uses rowing to empower students from the School District of Philadelphia to reach their highest potential on the water, in the classroom, and in life. PCR has set a lofty goal of raising $25,000 in support of our programs over the course of the 10-day challenge and every dollar raised from this campaign will directly support our programs & the success of our student-athletes.
How to Participate:
Individuals taking part will be tasked with the following:
1) ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE & REGISTER: To help us find you on social media and to ensure we can track all participants, please scan the QR code at the right or CLICK HERE to register!
2) TAKE THE CHALLENGE: During the first 10 days of April, grab a friend and walk, run, erg, cycle, or row 10,000 meters (6.2 miles) in honor of PCR & our participants.
3) DOCUMENT YOUR 10K: Take a sweaty selfie of you and your teammates upon completing the 10k challenge. Bonus points & swag will be awarded for creativity.
4) UPLOAD: Upload your photo to social media, tagging/challenging at least three of your friends or family members. Also, make sure to tag #PCR10kChallenge and @philadelphiacityrowing!
5) GIVE: Make a donation to PCR (www.philadelphiacityrowing.org/give) to help us bring our life-changing programs to even more public school youth throughout the city. You can also donate on Venmo at @PhilaCityRowing